Get Lower Back Pain Treatment and Relief in Virginia Beach
Are you suffering from upper or lower back pain? Did you know that over 80% of Americans will at some point in their life suffer from some form of upper or lower back pain. Many people suffering from low back pain will ignore it and not seek treatment until it has reached a chronic state.
The fact is, most lower back issues that are causing the low back pain will not find relief without chiropractic treatment and rehabilitation. In other words, it will not resolve itself and go away.
Don’t let lower back pain ruin your life!
In many cases early treatment by our Virginia beach Chiropractors of your lower back pain can help you avoid many months or even years of treatment. It is in your best interests to schedule an appointment with our office and let us evaluate what is causing your lower back problems.
How Do You Get Lower Back Pain Relief in the Virginia Beach area?
First of all, you must ascertain what it is that is causing your back pain before treatment can be applied.
Our expert Virginia Beach chiropractors at Virginia Spine Care Chiropractic specialize in lower back pain treatment.
Unfortunately, many general medical practitioners lack adequate training in this area, and do not have the skills necessary to most effectively identify and treat most back pain conditions.
Can You Avoid Back Surgery?
Many doctors will refer you to a back surgeon before they send you to a chiropractor. This backwards approach to treating lower back pain may result in an unnecessary and life changing back surgery. Only in extreme cases is most back surgery procedures necessary.
What Causes Lower back Pain?
In most cases, pain in the lower back can be caused by a combination of excessive use, strain, or a direct injury to your back muscles, and discs that support your spine.
Many experts state that over time, this muscle strain can lead to an overall imbalance in your spinal structure. This creates a constant tension on your muscles, ligaments, bones, and discs, making your back more susceptible to injury or in many cases re-injury.
Not treating your lower back pain can cause other problems.
Unfortunately the causes of pain in your lower back area, tend to compound. A good example is, after straining the muscles, it is likely you will start walking or moving differently to relieve the pain or to utilize back muscles that aren’t sore.
This may cause strain on the other muscles that are not accustomed to moving that way.
Some Common causes of lower back pain are:
• Over use of, or injury to your ligaments, muscles, or joints.
• Pressure on nerve roots in the spinal canal. Nerve root compression can be caused by:
• A herniated disc, often brought on by repeated vibration or motion (as during machine use or sport activity, or when lifting improperly), or by a sudden heavy strain or increased pressure to the lower back.
• Osteoarthritis (also known as joint degeneration), typically develops with age. When joint degeneration affects the small facet joints in your spine, it
can lead to back pain.
•Defects in the vertebra can allow a vertebra to slide over another which can be caused by certain activities.
• Spinal stenosis, also known a narrowing of your spinal canal, can develop as we get older.
• Fractures of the vertebrae caused by significant force, such as from an bicycle or auto accident, a direct blow to the spine, or
compressing the spine by falling on your buttocks or head.
• Spinal deformities, including curvature problems such as severe scoliosis or kyphosis.
• Compression fractures are most common among women n the postmenopausal phase with osteoporosis, or can occur in men or women that participate in prolonged use of corticosteroids. If you suffer from osteoporosis, it only takes a small amount of force to be put on your spine, like a sneeze to cause a compression fracture.
What Should You Do Next? Contact our Virginia Beach Chiropractors at Virginia Spine Care Chiropractic Today!
Our Virginia Beach Chiropractor will ask you to schedule a consultation and visit our office where we can speak with you and then identify the cause of your lower back pain and determine the best course of action to help get relief.
Once we determine the best course of treatment, we put you on the right path to feeling better.
As we help you get better, our chiropractor will also help you establish proper habits and techniques.
Proper posture is a major factor in the health of your back and you should always practice proper posture. Learning techniques common to your daily lifestyle and work also play a major role in the development or lack of development of low back pain.
This includes using proper lifting techniques, avoiding repetitive motions, avoiding f sitting for long periods of time, and more. We will show you the correct habits and techniques to protect your back from further discomfort and injury.